Please note that they way that Multi-Card Instagram Story frames are added to a SmartBoost has significantly changed since SBv2. See the steps below that will walk through the process of creating the Multi-Card Instagram Story ads in SBv3.
- Log in to the Lumanu platform.
- Click into the SmartBoost tab (Lighting Bolt icon).
- Click into the SmartBoost that you want to add a multi-card story to and then click the 'Ad Creatives' tab.
- Click the 'Add New Creative' button.
- Utilize the Filters on the far left hand side to find the piece of story content that you want to add (can search by keyword/hashtag, influencer, content type, etc). Note you must click the 'Search' button to populate the selections.
- Check the box on the left hand side of the story content you want to boost and then click 'Add new Creatives' to add that story post to your SmartBoost campaign.
- You will be required to add a CTA button ('shop now' or 'learn more') as well as a Website URL to the story ad.
- To transform this individual story post into a multi-card story ad click the 'Edit Story Frames' link on the far right hand side of the post within the Ad Creatives tab.
- The SmartBoost Multi-Card Story screen will then pop-up and you will be able to select up to 3 story frames to stitch together as one cohesive story ad. Please note you will only be able to stitch together frames that were posted within 24-hours of the original story frame that was selected.
- Drag and drop individual pieces of story content that you want to use to create the multi-card story. It is not required that you have more than one frame. However, 3 is maximum amount allowed by Facebook.
- You can change the order of the pieces of story content by dragging them between card 1, 2, and 3 and you can also remove a story by clicking the X above that individual story frame.
- If you would like to mute the sound on the story ad you can click the mute button at the top right of the multi-card story and you can click that same button to unmute the story.
- Once you have finished adding pieces of story content to your multi-card story click the 'Save' button to create the multi-card story ad.
- Click the 'Save Changes' button at the top right of the platform to save the cohesive story ad in your SmartBoost campaign.
- Once you are finished adding all content to your SmartBoost campaign select the 'Publish to Facebook' button at the top right of the platform.
- Here a page refresh may be needed.
- Your SmartBoost will remain in a "drafted" state until you click the 'Start' button at the top right hand corner. Doing so will set your SmartBoost live in Facebook Ads Manager within X amount of hours.
- Confirmation that the SmartBoost has been published will appear in the 'Publish Summary' tab. Note that the reason that there may be more ad sets than ads in the 'Publish Summary' tab is because SmartBoost creates ad sets based on the placement - audience combination (eg: Instagram Story Exact, Instagram Story Engaged, Instagram Story Lookalike).
Please feel free to reach out to your Customer Success Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!