The article below pertains only to publishers, influencers, and content creators using SocialCert by Lumanu.
- "We do not support connecting an Instagram account with two factor authentication enabled"
Cause of error:
- You have two factor authentication on Instagram enabled, and Facebook does not currently allow users to link their IG to FB if two factor authentication is on
- Go to your Instagram settings on your computer only. You cannot access these settings via the mobile app
- Click "Privacy and Security"
- Scroll down and click "Edit Two-Factor Authentication Setting"
- Uncheck the "Use Text Message" option
- When asked to "Turn this off?", click "Turn Off"
NOTE: We recommend you turn two factor authentication back on after you have successfully SocialCerted.